The Urology Foundation - Problems Peeing

Moderator: talkhealth

interstitial cystitis

Postby Dizzy2220 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm

I have suffered with this for more years than I care to remember and just wonder if there is any new treatment out there other than ibuprofen.
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: interstitial cystitis

Postby Sharon Clovis on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am

Dear Dizzy2220,

As you have only mentioned ibuprofen I will go from there. First you really need a Urologist to investigate you to prove interstitial cystitis, if that has already been done. We tend to start with fluid & food management, then consider cystistat, hydrodistension (under general anaesthetic), DMSO under general anaesthetic, Elmiron, D Mannose. This needs to be looked after by a urologist. As not every patient responds to everything, some patience is required. Good Luck!
User avatar
Sharon Clovis
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:53 am

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests