Eczema Outreach Support
Set-up in 2011 by the mother of a young girl suffering from severe atopic dermatitis, EOS delivers the only 1-1 emotional and practical support service to families with eczema. We aim to:
- Provide personalised support to the children and their families at an early stage: welcome packs; 1-1 emotional and practical support; advocacy meetings; “High 5 Club” resources and workshops, “XY Club” (projects and meet-ups for teens), pen-pal scheme and self-management tools.
- Offer a community of peers: 3 large events each year, local group meetings and an online community.
- Educate others: awareness workshops in schools; Heath Visitors sessions and campaigns.
The charity is planning to expand and support families across the UK in the near future. Please visit our website for our latest news or.
Our Vision and Aims
“Families with eczema flourish in a society where they can lead healthy and fulfilled lives.”
- To support and empower families through the provision of practical information, emotional support and opportunities to meet others.
- To build the confidence and self-management skills of children and young people with eczema, thus enhancing their long-term health and well-being.
- To reduce stigma and improve understanding of eczema by raising awareness of the condition in communities, schools and with the general public.
- To improve services by working with healthcare professionals and influencing policy